Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 13: A Second Day at Sea

I slept in until 10. It was so nice to have a relaxing morning after a hectic seven days. We had Palo brunch reservations at 10:30, so we got ready and then headed upstairs. We had made plans to join Mike and Susan and I had talked with the matre'd to arrange for us to all be seated together. We met up with them at Palo, and were given a great booth right by the food. We finally had Sasha as a server. I had heard about him from many people, so it was great to finally get to experience him. He took us on a tour of the buffet and then we dug in. We ordered several pizzas and entrees. At one point Sasha asked us if there was anything we were missing. I decided I was missing a tilapia. I love cruising. At dessert time, we had already filled our plates, but Sasha brought us an entire plate of even more desserts. So incredibly full.

After brunch, I headed down to Rockin' Bar D for the Adventures by Disney presentation. We were on the first DCL cruise that included an Adventures by Disney tour, so the presentation was hosted by the onboard Adventure Guides. It was a great presentation, and I really would love to go on one of the tours. After the presentation I walked around for a while before running into Hilda, Tim, and Jenny in the atrium. The activity selection was very limited for the day, so we walked around for a while and then hung out with David and DJ Matt by the adult pool. There were supposed to be pool games, but they were cancelled due to the cold weather. As a side note, throughout the morning the seas had been very rough, but the Captain had sped up. By this time, we were sitting just offshore of Spain, not moving, hiding from the weather in a bay.

Tim and Jenny had to head out so I grabbed some ice cream and headed back to the room. Mom and I decided to go down to Diversions to play games. Most of the games had disappeared, so we played checkers, and Mom destroyed me. After Diversions, we headed to the theatre to watch Disney Dreams. They have made several changes to the show, and it was much better then the last time we saw it. I headed off to the Promenade Lounge to work on blogs, but ran into Hilda and ended up talking with her for a half an hour right up to dinner. Dinner was in Parrot Cay, and it was actually the first time we ever had dinner in Parrot Cay on the last night of the cruise. Service was a little slow, the beef was backing up in the kitchen, but we had a good time and enjoyed the farewell parade. Summer got me a huge slice of Baked Alaska, and then I headed off to catch the end of Till We Meet Again.

After Till We Meet Again it was time for Pub Night, and what a Pub Night it was. Dave was the tennis player, Neville was the funniest taxi driver I have ever seen, and Oscar was a hilarious undertaker. Oddly, for the first time in three cruises I did not end up on stage. I am losing my touch. Once the show ended my friends and I all spent a while taking pictures with the cruise staff and each other. I ran up to Studio Sea to say goodbye to Katrina and Hilda who were running karaoke, and then I joined everyone in Diversions for a couple games of mafia. It was a ton of fun and helped me forget the last night of cruise sadness. The girls went to bed, so Tim, Warren, and I played one last game of Jenga, right by several of the senior officers who were hiding in Diversions, and then I headed for bed.

Up Next Day 14: Off to Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment